Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet Neurology Of My Heart: Love Poems To The Universe

I have written that it is the purpose of the artist to
act as shaman in today's culture. Not merely
to entertain; but to point out the path to solving
the problems that educators and politicians
and diplomats cannot unravel. Below on pageone is
a cartoon by the great VIP  (Virgil Partch) published
circa 1945. In it I percieve the root of nearly all
of the suffering we experience on this Earth today.

In expanding this cartoon's dharma into a science text addressing
the affect of the subconcsious mind upon human brain chemistry
 requires first creating an outline of the human concepts that make
up subject matter. As I isolated 14 such concepts I felt to be relevent
I used the device of naming these concepts to aid in their utility of use
in interaction and comprehension. See page 17 for my list of named
concepts addressed in this short poetic work. Each concept is expanded
into an eight line (octane) expression of what I define as 4D thought.

4D expression is capable of integrating information directly into the readers 
mind by interacting with data already present in there. This information is
assimulated immediately upon reading without the need for memorization or
repetative study, although re-reading it may be both pleasant and rewarding
for some individuals. My thought is that these expressions make connections
to data already contained within the readers brain structure, which I have
always seen in my own head as a series of spiderwebs, tracks on which
The Bus of perceptions travels to collect thoughts for expression.

01



02



03

04

05

06

07

08

09

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

Love,
Comic Book Shaman


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think..