Friday, December 2, 2011

Pictorial Equations Illustrating Typical Bipolar Thought Function Part 2

In working to expand my chapter contrasting the ephemeral with the optomal my thoughts seemed unable to to come to a clarity that satisfied me. I was expressing elements I thought were pertainant but it remained rather dull and not quite what I was driving at. I had thought to use an analogy of Apple Corp vs PC technology, a subject that I had thought about for decades, and I saw as a clear parallel to my theses. However, with the demise of Steve Jobs I feel reluctant to pursue an unflattering train of thought because I feel my point will be discounted. So, cast adrift I drew a new equation as a stream of consciousness that I found a bit surprising when I considered it the next day. Parts are purely subconscious, and I am not yet completely sure that all variables are in the proper place.

For the record I feel very strongly in favor of the ephemeral aspect of Art, because it is a better fit for me, and those who look beyond the flash of optomal design that expect buyers to conform. Still as I looked and thought about it the equation seems to resemble something like chaos theory. So I went to the library and got some books on complexity to see what has been off my radar. It's a blast to find something new to absorb.

A word about this equation; I can't really explain the crown, it came last. The bottom center triangle reads "matter of individuality." The last line reads "can anything be explained without the only thing that is understood." By which of course I mean money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think..